Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jessica and Jake-Birth Story

Indie Amelia Magalei


Jessica and Jake Magalei have to be the most awesome people I know. Not only is Jess my favorite photographer ever-but they've both always been so great to Jer and I since we met them. When Jess and I talked about doing this-I was so excited (and nervous). I've never gotten the chance to do this before nor had I ever seen someone give birth before...but I couldn't have asked for better people to ask me to do it. 


When I got to the hospital around 2 pm things were pretty quiet. 










Then in Suite 2 I found a very beautiful mommy to be-



And a very happy (and tired) Daddy to be. 















After taking a few shots and catching up for a little while-I headed home for a few hours. Indie wasn't coming any time soon. 







I came back later that night at 9 to find everyone still waiting......












Turns out Indie wanted to do things the hard way. So Jake, the doctors and I all suited up to go in for a C-Section!  ( I was extremely terrified I would throw up or pass out. Turns out-I handled it a lot better than I thought I would. Whew.) 




                                         



 After about 2 minutes in the OR- little Indie Amelia Magalei finally joined an anxious mom and dad.










 The nurses cleaning her said that she was "one of the cutest babies they'd seen in a very long time."




















 Grandma and Grandpa




Thumb sucker.






such a beautiful little family.



I'm so happy that I got to be apart of this amazing night. What a beautiful, wonderful thing to experience. And what a darling family to get to experience it with. Congrats guys! 












6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS.
    I cried looking at all of these pictures. Ok... so maybe I'm a boob... don't judge me :)

    LOVE YOU. Amazing job. And Congratulations to Jessica and Jake on such a beautiful addition to the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. Could not have been captured better. :) Cutest human to join the planet. Congrats Jess and Jake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting here in tears... such a precious moment. Captured incredibly beautifully, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Amanda! You did an amazing job! Such a beautiful post and you caught some wonderful moments! Couldn't ask for anything better myself! Simply incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!! Brought tears to my eyes! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job Amanda! And, congratulations to Jessica and Jake. Such a beautiful and blessed family.:)

    ReplyDelete